We had some broccoli and some spinach (both are the last of the season, unfortunately) so we looked around for some ideas of what to make with them, and came across this recipe, then changed it a little bit. It was ultra-fly. We used a frozen prepared pie shell, but if you can make one that's probably way better.
1 cup spinach, rinsed and roughly chopped
2 cups broccoli, blanched
3/4 cups grated cheese
2 shallots finely chopped
2 cloves garlic
salt and pepper
1. Chop the shallots, garlic, spinach, and broccoli.
2. Saute the shallots and garlic in some olive oil, and blanch the broccoli. Also preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Mix together the broccoli, spinach, egg, cheese, salt and pepper, then add in the shallots and garlic.
4. Pour the mixture into the pie crust, and grate some extra cheese on top.
5. Bake it for 25-30 minutes, or until it becomes golden. Let it cool for about 10 minutes before you eat it.
|You will stand here the whole 10 minutes.|